Friday, February 24, 2017

More Gravel.

Overcast skies, seasonably appropriate temperatures, and winds in the double digits did their best to keep me from riding.  The motivation to get out was low but I knew this was my opportunity for a longer ride.
NE winds had me heading East for a long stretch before making my way North, East of Foley.  For the most part the gravel had firmed up from the day prior, now it was just the wind holding me back.  But even with the constant wind I was glad I went out.  I was feeling good and having a good time.  Even my sporadically rubbing disc brakes didn't brake me!
The turn West and eventually South were rewarded with a great tailwind.  I ended with about 4.5 hours and 70 miles...no speed records!

I work Saturday so not too sure on a ride.  If I'm up I'll go for a short spin beforehand but I may try to sleep in.  Hitting the gym this morning and the bike on Sunday.  Yep, no snow here!

Happy Weekend.

No comments: