Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Riding with Company.

Man it's been a long time since I've ridden my bike with another person.  A lot of that is by choice, I prefer to ride solo, but also scheduling and such have made getting together with friends tricky.  A good buddy from my college years has moved back into town.  Last night we got together to ride some gravel!

Since it takes 45+ minutes to get to gravel we met at the parking lot of Coborns in Clear Water.  There was a potential for storms later in the eventing so I thought about driving but in the end I biked to our rendezvous.  Man the 10+ mile ride out there was a beat down from the wind and heat.  I was a sweaty mess when I got there.

Not that Clear Water is a big town but riding through there at 5:30 is nuts.  So many cars traveling between highway 10 and I94.  It was better than usual to get on gravel...peace and quiet!  We took off on parts of the Dirt Bag route for about 3 hours.  It was nice to ride at a chill pace, chat, catch up, and just ride as friends and not need to be the first up the hill or to the stop ahead sign.
We ended back at Coborns with 3 hours in.  We parted ways and I took country road 8 back home, tailwind this time!  I ended with 70 miles and 4 hours.  Good stuff!

After getting the kids to swimming today I plan on riding a bit before work at noon.  A nice storm cell rolled through during the early hours so the mountain bike is out.  Guessing the road bike and I will roll on up to Rice and back.

Mid week!

No comments: