Friday, September 22, 2017

Dodging Rain and Poor Predictions.

My morning blog session was cut short by a grumpy teenager trudging up the stairs 40 minutes earlier than normal.  She mumbled she had homework and needed the computer.  Homework trumps my stuff so I relinquished the computer and ate soggy cereal staring at the wall.

Despite wanting a lower hour week I decided to put in a good ride yesterday.  Rain is predicted much of the weekend so I figured I better get while the getting was good.
I once again took the Evergreen and did a combination of Dirt Bag routes with a few extra extensions tossed in.  Throughout the day the wind and heat continued to climb.  Nonetheless I was feeling pretty damn fine.  It was one of those rides you just wanted to keep going and going.   But I had evening commitments: an Immersion School (Harper) get together and a swim meet (Brinna).

I ended with 127 miles and 7 hours and change.  I jumped in the shower, picked up Harper, picked up our CSA, met Jen at home, where we turned around and headed to the evenings events.  Not much recovery/nutrition going on.  I did grab a recovery shake thing and found some food at both events but not what I would call traditional or all that healthy.

The predicted rains have now been downgraded some (big shocker) so not sure on weekend plans.  I wanted an hour on the mountain bike tonight before we went to Tech's homecoming football game, but it's currently raining...not predicted.  Time will tell.

Happy Weekend.

No comments: