Monday, November 13, 2017

All Fat Bike.

The start of last week had me ready for another short week of riding.  I was unable to ride the first two days, a bit on Wednesday, and longer on Thursday but not as long as originally planned.  Friday was Brinna's section swim meet.  I hadn't planned on a ride but it turned out I was able to get 2 hours in at the North Loop, on the fat bike.  Coming home from the meet in Elk River I was stoked to see it snowing!  We got a bit over 2, maybe 3", in St. Cloud.  Brinna bested her best time by almost 4 seconds as well!

Saturday I had a ski swap in Brainerd.  We left in the dark so no riding.  I did get out for an awesome ride afterwards however.  It had warmed up too much to ride the trails so I took the fat bike on the roads, both paved and gravel.  As the sun started to set the roads started to get pretty slick.  I managed to keep it upright.  This time!  I got 3.5 hours.

Sunday we had another ski swap but this time in town and a bit later.  I got a text from Kyia that she and Kris were riding in the morning.  Sign me up!  We were all on fat bikes.  I love riding with them as the piece together routes that I don't ride or think of, making it a great time.  We hit up Calvary (park and cemetery), Big Woods, a few section of trails between housing developments, the River Bluffs (Time Waster), Plum Creek, Beaver Island, Talahi Woods (southern), and Friedrich Park.  I was stoked to see all the snow still on many of the trails.  It was only 1-2" but it still made it fun.  We ended with a bit over 2.5 hours.

Then it was off to the ski swap, then back home to change, and off to Brinna's swim banquet.  She lettered and got Most Improved!  Jen and I got the loudest parents award (an orange street cone).  I think my mom at the meets may have had something to do with this.  I am not a loud person!  Go Doom!

I ended with 15.5 hours on the week!  Not summer hours but more than the last two weeks combined!  I'll take it.

Next weekend is full of ski events once again.  There is a kid choir concert this week and a few other events.  Another week of juggling...just like everyone else.

Happy Week!

No comments: