Friday, February 16, 2018

Hmm...Not That Bad.

Ever since my ride on Wednesday my ribs have felt better.  Oh they still hurt, especially last night when I had a coughing jag I couldn't shake, but normal movements feel just fine.  Thus I opted for another spin on the bike yesterday over the gym.

I hadn't really paid too much attention to the snow level after a day of 40's and sun but yeah...it's shit. Anything in the open is basically dirt at the moment.  Yesterday when I rode it was just starting to get below freezing.  My bike is now covered in a sheet of ice with grass randomly protruding every direction.  Nonetheless it was fun.  I was just excited to be out riding.  Even the bumpity bump section at Sand Prairie was fine.  Mostly it's getting my left leg over the bike that really sucks.  I haven't crashed yet...assuming that may hurt too!  Happy to get 2 hours in.

Jen and the girls are off to the cities tonight so I may snuck out after work for a short ride.  Not too sure I want to risk it with a night ride but I haven't claimed to be too smart either.  Currently St. Cloud is set up to get some good snow Sunday night into Tuesday.  I'm sure it will change some but most models are hinting at 3-5".  It's still February so I'll take it.  I had a fun winter and not quite ready for it to be done.  Ask me in March and I'm sure to be complaining about winter.

Happy Weekend.

No comments: