Monday, February 19, 2018

More Snow?

After work on Friday I headed out for a night ride as the family was gone for the evening.  I hit up Friedrich Park, The North Loop, Balto's, and Sand Prairie.  The snow is pretty thin out there, plain blah in spots.  It really got me longing for gravel and dirt riding.  So much so I spent a good portion of the weekend obsessing about building up a mountain bike.  My specification were: 29er hard tail, threaded BB, room for 2.6" tires but would settle on 2.4, and room for a 36 tooth chainring in a 1X setup.  Not many options out there!

Saturday it was just Harper and I till evening.  She had a birthday party to go to at 2 at a local roller rink.  She was nervous about roller skating so I stayed and showed her my moves.  Ha!  Once Jen got home I thought about going biking but the "blah" status of the trails and wanting to hang with the family kept me home.

I had tentatively thought about riding parts of the Dirt Bag course on my fat bike for Sunday's ride.  But it was crazy windy in the morning and my ribs are still a bit sore.  I opted for a 2 hour spin with Kyia.  We hit up the south trail system and had a great time.  Minus the vine taking me out.  Damn ribs were not happy!

Last week was a low activity week.  Not quite 7 hours of riding.  Ribs and life impeded more.  Plus rest is good too.

As I sit here we have about .5" of new snow with it still snowing.  I wasn't sure I even wanted more snow but as predicted I'm excited once it's here!  I had taken Monday off as we hoped to go somewhere as a family but things just didn't pan out.  Looks like I may have to go make some fresh tracks!

No comments: