Friday, February 23, 2018

SNOW!

Yesterday I headed back up to the Soo Line ATV trail for some biking.  With the new snow, (3-4") I was hoping snowmobilers had been out, packing the trail.  They had!  The going was slow and I had to let out air but oh so fun.  I took the trail past Pierz before I turned back around.  Instead of doing a "out and back" I took a side rode to 133 (which turns into a minimum maintenance road).  This road runs into the Platte River.

Yep, I was back on the Platte.  But this section is further North of where I crashed and much smaller.  I had been on it before so I knew the ice was secure.  Besides some animal tracks I was the only tracks on the river.  More air was let out and speed reduced.  Man was it arduous but stupidly fun.

The river dumps into Rice Lake, just north of Skunk Lake.  I took that back to the Soo Line and back to the car.  Ended with 4 3/4 hours and 35 miles and a big smile.

I'm up a bit early today to go shovel.  Yep...more snow!  We got about 5" I'd guess with about the same predicted for Saturday.  While a bit too late I'll still take it.

Go play in the snow!

No comments: