Friday, April 20, 2018

And the Warmth has Arrived!

It's so nice to ride in just a long sleeve jersey (with a long sleeve base layer), leg warmers, and bibs.  Yesterday was that day.  It was bit cool at the start but with the sun out it didn't really matter.
The wind was out of the West and maybe turning SW later in the day.  I headed out towards Darwin (home of the biggest ball of twine by one man) hitting up as much gravel as I could.  Compared to the gravel North of St. Cloud this was still a bit moist and soft.  After awhile I could feel the affects.  The last 7 miles into Darwin are on a paved road.  Sweet relief!

I went South of Darwin some before turning West.  I went West and North till about 12:30 before turning North and East.  I stopped and refueled in Eden Valley.  Had my first soda in 6 months.  It must be Spring!  With a tailwind and the sun drying the roads I was starting to make good time.
Finished with 7 hours and 120 miles.
Only real complaint on the ride (besides tired legs!) is I now have a sweet tan line from wearing a headband around my ears!

No riding today.  Brinna has a track meet in Foley, Avery has practice, and Harper is running a 1k fun run at the Earth Day events.  Ready set go!

Saturday a few of us are riding the Dirt Bag course from my house.  Hit me up if interested. Not racing, just riding.

Happy Weekend.

1 comment:

Greg Prosmushkin said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. I am enjoying the warmth of the spring that is already here and hope you are doing well so far this time of year. Have a wonderful rest of your day and keep up the posts.
Greg Prosmushkin