Friday, April 13, 2018

Finally, a somewhat warmer (nicer) Thursday to ride in!  So much so that I rode in bib shorts with leg warmers, undershirt, long sleeve jersey, and a vest (which came off early on).  Plus the wind wasn't crazy.  The sun was hidden by clouds but the temperature hit mid 40's, which is still below average but felt amazing.

With the wind mostly out the North I headed that way on the Salsa Cutthroat.  I hit a mix of pavement and gravel.  The gravel was a bit soft but not bad or sloppy.  Essentially I made a straight shot North for the first leg of my ride.  On the way North I hit the most gravel for the day.  I made my turn East on MN hwy 18.  From riding to my in-laws cabin I recognized this road, I was North of their cabin.  Oops, a bit far...time to push it home.

I did take a quick stop at the cabin.  It's not looking too ready for swimming anytime soon.  South of the cabin I took an awesome gravel road that meanders through swampy sections and groves of trees. I could have ridden sections like that all day.  Once back on the pavement I did a quick estimate of time and distance and decided I need to hoof it home.  My dad was getting two of the girls to gymnastics but I had to pick the other up at 5:15.  I quickly realized I'd fall short so I texted my dad to help me out...again.

I made it home shy of 9 hours and a 153 miles.  Overfall I felt great given the distance.  I can feel the past few weeks in my legs.  Given the crap weather slotted for the next few days riding will be limited so recovery will happen.  So stoked on riding right now, despite the weather!

Ride on...Happy Weekend.  Fingers crossed the snow misses up.

No comments: