Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Spring is Trying.

Since March and April have been filled with more snow and cold weather than not I am still surprised when it is light out past 7:00.  I think sunset is just past 8:00 right now.  I am also amazed at how fast the roads clear and dry up after a major storm in April.  Bringing Harper to school yesterday County Road 8 was a skating rink.  By afternoon it was dry asphalt.  Spring is trying!  At the moment there is a duck sitting in the snow in my front yard and the Robins are chirping.

After dinner and picking Brinna up from track I headed out for a quick spin.  I opted for the slop bike (Surly Cross Check with fenders) just in case.  I like that bike but after not riding it for a bit I feel so awkward on it.  Plus, despite having 700x40 tires it feels like so much more work than my Salsa Cutthroat with 29x2.1 tires.  It was pretty windy so maybe it was in my head.  Either way is was great to get out.  2 hours and change for 33 miles.

TNR is going off tonight but not too sure I can make it.  It's hard to hit them all up until school is out. If I make it more than a few times I am doing better than last year!


No comments: