Monday, April 16, 2018

Yep, More Snow.

It started to snow Friday and basically snowed off and on through most of Sunday.  We got nothing like the Cities (15"+!) but enough, maybe half that.  So it was back to the fat bike.

Saturday morning Brinna's indoor track meet was still on (eventually canceled) so I had limited time.  I spent a good portion of it down in Sand Prairie.  Much of our snow had melted down there so it was like riding in November after a first snow.  It was actually great fun.  I also did a half loop at the North Loop.  It too was running really well.  I wanted to be mad about the snow but the riding was way better than I thought.
2 hours.

Sunday I had a bunch more snow to contend with so I thought I may just stick to the Beaver Island Trail.  I decided to explore the River Bluff trails.  I was surprised at how great they were.  The snow was moist so packed well, while the snow underneath was firm.  It wasn't fast riding but I was able to spend a good chunk of time setting first tracks.  Again, it was way more fun than I thought it would be.
2.5 hours.

18 hours and 263 miles on the week.  At the moment the weekend forecast, and into next week, is showing 50's and one 60 degree day!  Finally!  Work could use a boost from some nice weather.

Time to start Monday.

No comments: